Monday, October 24, 2011

First Business Trip for CSI

Last week, we had a trade show at Borders Construction in Tucson, Arizona and a second one in Phoenix, Arizona.  Mom and I flew into Tucson, with Jocelyn on Monday afternoon.  I took the BOB stroller with us so that it was easy to maneuver, however bulky it is.  We had no trouble getting checked in and through security.  J was a perfect angel... smiling and talking to people.  We even had to change planes in Denver and still... no problems. 
This was her first plane ride and she nursed on take off and fell asleep. 

On the second flight, she nursed again but stayed awake cooing.  But happy. 
When we arrived to Tucson Airport... we went to the rental car agency and the agent was very nice but had had a bad day.  We chit chatted away and he was nice enough to give us an upgrade... a Dodge Charger! 
Now a Dodge Charge is FUN to drive.  It had a lot of get up and go.  It had neat features and lots of room in it's interior.  What it did NOT have...  room in the spacious trunk for the BOB stroller.  And I tried.  and I tried.  And I TRIED to squeeze it in.  I almost hit the reset button several times until I finally took all of the wheels off and put the actual stroller in the car next to J's carseat.  :-0  But it sure was fun to drive...  just wish he'd upgraded me to a mini van.  :-) 

We had our tradeshow in Tucson and Baby J did more selling than I think we did.  Everyone came by to see her and she just performed.  Then she fell asleep in the sling. 
After the show, we loaded up and headed north to Phoenix.  We had a day to ourselves... we were lazy and let J roll around on the floor on a blanket...

and then we checked where our show was the next day... got the lay of the land.  went to the Desert Botanical Gardens.  I have some photo's... I'll share when I get them.  :-)  We had a very nice dinner in Scottsdale...  at a place I never thought would have been so nice...  I had my doubts when they brought my wine in a plastic wine glass.  :-/  But.. it was truly one of the better steaks I have eaten in a long time. 
 they even had a mechanical bull.  ha!  And...  as a special... they serve apple cinnamon cotton candy.  It was surprisingly delicious.  :-)
We did our second show which was a bit different than the first...  and headed to the airport.  This picture was taken at the gate...  right before we boarded.  What a great representation of CSI.  :-) 



No comments: