Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy birthday to my sweet boy!

Dear Joe,

I can't believe that it's been four years since you've been born. Four years ago right now, I was being prepped for my c-section and I was scared. Not scared of having you but of the surgery and making sure you were ok.

Before you were born I always thought about what we would teach you and if we could teach you... But I think it's the opposite... I think you have taught me so much. You have taught me what its like to love unconditionally. You have taught me the merits of playing with hair to soothe an anxious heart. Dancing in the rain is fun and nothing can compare to a train whistle or hearing the conductor say "All aboard!". Train rides MUST be accompanied with popcorn and sody pop!

Friends are vital and that being each other's best friend can change based on which guitar you get. A cookie can solve most of life's problems although wine will work for mommy too. :-).

All in all, sweet boy... You made me a mommy and I love you more than the air I breathe. you have turned into an amazing little human I am proud to call son!!!!!

Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Mary said...

Awww! What a beautiful letter! Cookies CAN solve anything ;)