Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Keeping up with the Pregnancy: 39 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 39 Weeks
Size of baby: Jocelyn is the size of a watermelon! 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 1/6th of a pound 
Maternity Clothes: I look like an Oompa Loompa
Gender: It's a girl!!! Jocelyn Anne
Movement: I'm thinking she's trying to find an escape route.
Sleep: not sleeping so well these days.  Wide awakes from 2-5 most nights.     
What I miss:  hard to say.... being comfortable?   
Cravings: Fruit and smoothies and really no food at all. 
Symptoms: All the usual.   
Best Moment this week:  
hmmmm....  the anticipation really...  knowing that in one week, she'll be here.  Knowing that in one week I will be nuzzling her toes and smelling her sweet baby scent.  Knowing that I will get to nurse her, like I did her brother.  Seeing her daddy hold her in his arms and knowing that she will forever look up to that face with adoration... (sometimes anger mixed in).  Seeing her grandparents (all of them) hold her and squeeze her and agree in their head to protect her at that moment for the rest of their lives. 
For, in one week from tomorrow at the latest...  My little Jocelyn will be here.  



1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness! She is almost here!! Will be thinking of you next week!