Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Long Time No See... Balance

I cannot believe it's been almost a month since I last blogged.  Things have been a bit nuts though...  

We opened our doors to Cement Colors, Houston on January 2nd and the way we set it up was to have me in the office Monday - Thursday and Jason on the road selling.  Then on Friday, he's in the office and I'm with Jocelyn (who is in daycare Tues, Wed and Thurs).  Well getting up throughout the night with Jocelyn (usually only once) and getting up with Joe who is now in his own bed (but asks me to walk him back several times) is for the birds when you have to get up at 6:00 am to get everyone ready and yourself to be out the door by 7:30 am.  :)  

I work until about 4:15 and then usually head to get the kids (because we only have one car seat and base for Littlest J) and get home... I try to go for a run, Jason goes for a run, dinner, bath, bed, collapse.  No time for blogging.  Shoot, no time for anything.  

So, I am trying to find a balance.  
  A new reality, if you will.  A new reality that includes working for Cement Colors, working for ChemSystems, being a mom and wife, being a daughter and a friend.  A sister to my two half sisters and an aunt to my beautiful niece.  And a runner... a marathoner again.  

There's a saying that says if you want something done... ask a busy person.  I find this to be true, however... a sleep deprived busy person is one who forgets a lot easier...  

I am going to New York City with my mother in law though... in two weeks.  I can't wait.  I plan on refilling my personal "well" and really catching up on sleep and running and reading.  I am so excited and a bit anxious about leaving my babies.  Not because my hubby can't take care of them...  but just because I haven't left my littlest J for any stretch of time.  

It will be good for me and good for them.  :)  
For now...  balance.  I'll work on it when things settle down a bit.  :)  




No comments: