Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dear Joe


Today, you turn six.  Today... YOU turned SIX years old!  And I can't remember your precise time of birth.  That makes me sad.  I know I have it in your baby book.  I know I have it in a blog somewhere...  but right now, right this second, I can't remember the time you were born.

Six years.

Six years ago you  made me a mom.  Six years ago my world turned on it's axis.  Six years ago I stopped living with my heart inside my body.  Six years ago...
 I learned the reason for love.

You've taught me how to be patient when I am feeling the least bit patient!  Mainly because I know that YOU learn not to get too frustrated and lose patience with yourself. 

You've taught me the importance of a glass of wine before bed.  :-)

You've taught me that your snuggles can cure all ailments. 

You've taught me to just kick something sometimes.  And to cry when it hurts.

To love your siblings unconditionally and to protect them fiercely.

You haven't always been the easiest child but you sure have been worth it.  And every day I see a little bit more of what you are growing to be.  Your heart is pure.  You have an inherent empathy and caring that seems so rare these days.  You are sensitive to others feelings.

It appears that my goal of teaching and cultivating you to be "kind" is working.

You are a remarkable young man who makes me proud every single day.  Your smile electrifies and your twinkly eyes delight.

Some things about you right now.  You're best friends are Cam and Chase.  You love Ninjago and baseball and cars.  You have a healthy streak of competitiveness in you.  You don't eat terrribly healthy food (chicken nuggets anyone?) but you do eat.  You would wear racing clothes every single day if I let you and you do love a good race.

I love you my angel.  Thank you for making me a mama and a proud one at that,.
Mommy.






No comments: