Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Juggling Acts


A woman can be a mommy... but how can a mommy still be a woman?



Lately, it seems that I have come across some very interesting blogs.  It got me to evaluating my blog and I decided that it was rather boring.  So, I decided to branch off and add some of my thoughts about being a mommy and how this journey affects not only me, but how it affects others too.    


I had wine with some friends last night (now there’s something unusual... HA!) and one of them recently had a baby too.  Her baby is much younger than mine but yet all of us moms go through similar scenario’s.  Motherhood, marriage, family, work, recreation and more are all pulling at us.  How do we possibly find time to make each one of those a priority?  It’s a juggling act.  


I am not so sure that I have done a very good job at it...  in fact, I know that some of the above mentioned things have suffered.  Some of it is my fault and some of it is through no fault of my own.  I do know that all of it seems to take a bit of a back seat to Joey.  


I remember reading the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and Stephen Covey said that you have to keep all aspects of your life in balance... if one aspect gets out of balance EVERYTHING else is out of whack too.  He pictured each responsibility as a piece of a pie... if one thing gets a bigger slice than the opposite thing gets a much smaller piece.  


I think I need to realign my slices... ;)  


There will be much more to come... but I wanted to get this new blog started...  so welcome to my journey through mommyhood.  The most important and the most terrifying job EVER held by anyone.  And by far, the most precious and the best job anyone can ask for!  


No comments: