Monday, March 30, 2009

Not me.. Special Edition



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Except that you can't. You see she's in PICU at a children's hospital sitting bedside to little Stellan who is having grave heart difficulties. She is praying and praying and praying... as are millions of other people. So, this week, the girls closest to her decided it would be fun to do a "Not me Monday.. Stellan Style".

I thought I would participate.

I have NOT spent a good portion of this week praying for a little angel that I do not know. I do not know his mother in real life but I feel like I know her in heart... one mother's heart to another.

I have NOT spent all of my work week with twitter up on my computer waiting on new tweets.

I did NOT join Twitter specifically so that I could follow MckMama on her updates.

I did NOT add or decide to follow many of her followers that all of a sudden joined this same movement. Nope... not me.

I have NOT mentioned this to my husband and he doesn't think I am crazy. Nope... not me. :)

I have NOT sat here admiring MckMama's spirit and heart through this whole ordeal... knowing that she is suffering through this while remaining strong and steadfast.

I have NOT put myself into her shoes and the shoes of all of those other parents suffering with sick or terminal children. I have not sat here reading their stories, praying for them with tears streaming down my face. Nope... it wasn't me.

I have NOT hugged my beautiful son just a bit tighter (which is near to impossible to GET tighter) all week long and told him I love him over and over and over again.

I have NOT sat here thinking that one little FIVE month old boy and his gracious mama are responsible for bringing a huge movement of prayer to the forefront. Which, in and of itself, is a miracle.

I have NOT sat at my desk thinking what a miracle life is and how lucky and blessed each and every one of us is. Nope... not me.

No comments: