Sunday, November 20, 2011

Joy and Peacefully Happy

So, I was having a discussion with some dear friends recently... I don't really know what brought it up.  We were at the beginning of our Disney World trip (another blog post) and I was saying how excited I was to see the "Magic" of Disney through Joe's eyes. 

You see, I love Walt Disney World.  I love everything about it.  I love the creativity.  I love the hospitality.  I love the rides and the Mickey shaped waffles.  I love, quite simply, the magic of it all.  Adults and kids can go and wear silly ears, in fact...  if you don't, you feel silly.  I grew up with these amazing memories and I couldn't wait to see it through my sons eyes. 

So as we were talking... I realized that if I had only ONE word to describe my son... it would be Joy!  Everything he sees, he sees with joy.   He has this love of life...  this zest...  this ability to be joyful.  I know this is partially because he's a kid.  But, I so very  much want to treasure all that joy in him and cultivate it.  Because Joy...  joy is catching to all that it surrounds.  Joy can overcome so many obstacles and make the darkest day bearable. 

So, then I got to thinking about Jocelyn.  I know she is young and her personality is still developing but I think she is just Happy.  And by being happy she brings an air of peace too.  (Okay Okay... I know, this is two adjectives but cut me a break, k?)  Everyone who looks at her... she smiles at.  It is absolutely IMpossible not to feel all warm and glowy when she gives you that smile. 

So, I am the most blessed woman in the entire world.  I have both Joy and Happiness living in my world. 

No comments: