Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Christmas Eve was a late night for all of us... but we knew that Christmas morning would dawn early with Joe being eager to see if Santa had really come. The Sullivan's and the Davis's made an agreement that we wouldn't do Santa until 6:30 am. NO earlier than 6:30 am.

I think that Joe was awake at 5:30 and we kept him corralled until 6:30 and he went busting out the door and downstairs to awaken Grandpa and Grandma... oh and the Sullivan kids.

They raced back upstairs and set to discovering what all Santa had brought to Durango. Santa had brought Joe a remote control monster truck and a scooter that he had been coveting.

Jocelyn got a mini micro scooter that converts from a ride on to an actual scooter as well as a barbie four wheeler.

A successful santa, I'd say. :)

We had some four legged visitors. The day before we had had a mama and two babies. Today we had the papa, a young buck and the mama and two babies from before. They literally came right up to the door. Amazing.

Chris, Jason and I decided to go for a run. I have to say that I LOVED it. I had a hard time running up the mountain so we walked it. I even struggled a bit with that... but with time I could probably do it. :) It felt good to get some energy out.

About 3:00 pm, we all dressed up in our snow clothes and headed to a tubing hill at Durango Mountain. Mom and dad took Lj to the lodge and the rest of us went to the mountain. After the first trip down the hill was a little rough for Joe but after that he got the hang of it and rode down with me and Amelia. We all really had a blast.

We did say that there were two improvements they could make... a magic carpet to take you to the top of the hill and a kiddie hill for the littler kids to start out on. But other than that.. it was a LOT of fun.

We all headed home and I got started cooking dinner. Christmas dinner is a tradition that Kristin and I used to do together and it was important to me to do it this year. I made a roasted beef tenderloin, macaroni and cheese, vanilla bean and pomegranate roasted brussel sprouts and an apple and blue cheese salad.

While I was cooking dinner, the kids all had a blast playing with their new toys. Conner seemed to enjoy playing with his helicopter until it got stuck behind the big stuffed bear up on a ledge. :) Chris had to crawl up there to retrieve it.

Jason was in charge of cooking the tenderloin and the rest was mine. Without tooting my own horn... I think this was the best Christmas dinner I've cooked. The macaroni and cheese was perfect and the vanilla bean made just a little differenc to my favorite brussel sprouts. Add in good red wine and wonderful company... = perfect.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: