Thursday, April 7, 2011

Keeping up with the pregnancy: 36 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of baby: Jocelyn is the size of a crenshaw melon (what the heck is THAT?)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained another pound in one week.  :(  but I think a lot of it is retained fluid.
Maternity Clothes: Clothes are getting a bit harder.  I HATE having the band around my middle.  So I like sundresses and such.   
Gender: It's a girl!!! Jocelyn Anne
Movement: She is pretty active and getting bigger!  She pushes back when I push her.  She feels a bit tighter in there and they are more shoves rather than kicks.
Sleep: She's sitting on my bladder so the bathroom trips are plentiful and not very rewarding.  :-/   
What I miss:  I can feel myself waddling more and more... arching my back.   
Cravings: Fruit and smoothies. 
Symptoms: heartburn, throwing up every morning again (yay), still braxton hicks.  I am now effaced 40% which is a good start.  Swelling... my hands and feet have started to swell.   :) 
Best Moment this week:  hearing that I had a wee bit of progression and seeing my maternity pictures.  

No comments: