Thursday, June 16, 2011

6 Weeks Old

I had my six week postpartum check yesterday and all looks good.  I am cleared for exercise, swimming and ahem...  other activites.  :-)  I am two pounds below pre pregnancy weight (yay) although not trying.  I did go for a long walk yesterday though and discovered I need a stronger bra.  My midwife said  that nursing and pregnancy arent what break down the breast tissue but the bouncing and age does. 

She went over the birth with me and found out that Baby J actually had the cord wrapped around her neck twice... so that coupled with her size means that God had his hand in her birth even more than we already knew. 

Marlys said that I got as close to a vaginal birth as I could have.  An emergency c-section could have been SCARY because my uterus had started to thin out in some places and uterine abruption would have been more likely if I had had to push... plus with my adhesions, etc... well, I am very very blessed she's here and healthy.  :-)  And I am truly at peace with my delivery. 

I took Baby J up to the lactation office to weigh her.  And she's a whopping 10 lbs 3 oz.  YAY baby j.  She's had some pretty bad baby acne but with cetaphil  and washing it's going away.  She slept from 11:00 pm to 6:30 am today...  wow!  CRAZY but I will take it. 

Joe continues to love being a big brother...  and he's just growing too fast for me.  Such a handsome little dude... he got his hair cut so I will take a good picture tonight and post it. 

No comments: